Global Research Professorships Award now open for applications
Applications for round 3 of the NIHR Global Research Professorships Award are now open and close at 1pm on 20 November 2019.
The flagship personal awards offer up to £2 million per award for people on a steep career trajectory who are close to being or recently been appointed to a professorial post.
The award aims to fund research leaders of the future to promote the effective translation of research for the primary and direct benefit of people in low and middle-income countries eligible for Official Development Assistance (ODA) funding.
The Professorships are fixed term 5-year appointments with a package of extensive support, including:
- One doctoral and two post-doctoral appointments
- The basic salary costs of the individual, research running costs, a travel fund plus indirect costs, for the lead nominating body which will be a UK Higher Education Institution (HEI)
- A leadership and development programme including the opportunity to request a sabbatical.
Who can apply?
This scheme is open to all professions and HEI’s in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, to nominate health researchers and methodologists with an outstanding research record of clinical and applied health research and its effective translation for improved health.
Candidates must demonstrate they are:
- On a steep career trajectory to become a global health research leader
- Committed to translating research for global health
- Committed to research capacity building for global health.