We oversee research that deals with the investigation, diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of all cardiovascular diseases. This means that we support a wide range of research studies such as those involving heart failure, blood pressure, heart defects from birth, heart muscle disease and surgery.
We are working with stakeholders (including British Cardiovascular Society, funders of heart research such as British Heart Foundation, and patient support organisations) to promote the successful delivery of research studies in the NHS and to help plan new studies that will address patient’s needs. We support a wide range of research including:
- studies involving medicines for diseases of the heart including valves and arteries
- studies involving devices in diseases of the heart including valves and arteries
- studies of heart defects from birth
- studies involving high blood pressure and cholesterol
- studies into rhythm disturbances of the heart, surgery and sudden death