We oversee research that deals with the diagnosis and management of patients with diseases of the liver, biliary tree, and pancreas. This means that we support a wide range of research studies such as those involving acute and chronic liver disease, liver fibrosis and cirrhosis, screening and treating viral hepatitis and genetic studies including pharmacogenetics.
We support a wide range of research studies including:
- Acute and chronic liver disease including liver failure
- The impact of identifying, screening and treating viral hepatitis
- Liver fibrosis and cirrhosis
- Normal and abnormal liver metabolism
- Genetic studies including pharmacogenetics
Studies in Hepatology cover:
- Complications of cirrhosis
- Fatty liver
- Liver cancer
- Viral hepatitis
These areas are unique to the Hepatology specialty, but in addition, we add value to studies led by other groups, for example in the areas of cancer, surgery and gastroenterology.