We oversee research that deals with the investigation, diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of all metabolic and endocrine disorders. We support a wide range of research including:
- medicines for metabolic and endocrine disorders
- adrenal and hormonal glands and associated diseases
- thyroid gland disorders
- nutrition, obesity and high cholesterol
- polycystic ovarian syndrome and reproductive endocrinology
- genetics of endocrine and metabolic diseases, for example inherited endocrine tumour syndromes
- metabolic bone disease, such as osteoporosis and parathyroid disorders
- imaging technology for endocrine disease, such as MRI and CT scans
- surgery for endocrine disorders and bariatric surgery for obesity
Where there are considerable overlaps with other specialty areas, for example diabetes and renal, we work closely with our colleagues from across the Network to deliver high quality metabolic and endocrine disorders research.
Search the NIHR UK Clinical Trials Gateway for studies that are open and recruiting patients.