Infrastructure Visiting Speaker Award
IVSA is open for applications. Apply now. The current round is due to close at the end of March 2019, however, we are still accepting applications for presentations that will take place up to the end of May 2019, as long as approved expenses can be claimed before 28th March 2019.
The NIHR Infrastructure Visiting Speaker Award (IVSA) offers particular NIHR Academy Members the opportunity to present their research and network with other parts of the NIHR Infrastructure.
The purpose of the award is to encourage networking and collaboration within the NIHR and help researchers gain valuable experience of the presenting their research.
"Presenting and debating research findings is a critical element of scientific progress and a vital skill for a researcher. I am delighted to support this scheme." - Dr Louise Wood, Director of Science, Research & Evidence at the Department of Health and Social Care.
We are inviting NIHR Academy Members in the NIHR Infrastructure who are fully or partly funded by the following to apply for up to £500 to support the costs of going to present their work:
- Biomedical Research Centres
- Collaborations for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care
- Patient Safety Translational Research Centres
- NIHR School for Primary Care Research
- NIHR School for Public Health Research
Are you eligible?
The NIHR IVSA is open to all NIHR Academy Members who:
- are early career researchers (PhD or early career post-doc) undertaking a formal training/career development award, which is competitive, includes a training plan and has a defined end point (this may be an application for further funding);
- are directly funded by an NIHR award to a part of the NIHR Infrastructure with a remit to build capacity (Biomedical Research Centre, Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care, Patient Safety Translational Research Centre) or at the NIHR School for Primary Care Research or Public Health Research, and;
- receive at least 25% funding from the NIHR Infrastructure for their salary/stipend/fees over the lifetime of the award.
Want to know more?
Find out about:
The first round of NIHR Infrastructure IVSA is open until March 2019.
To apply, please complete the short form at this link: NIHR IVSA.
For Further Information
Email: email@example.com, with the subject NIHR Academy IVSA
Or Tweet us