Clinical Academic Research Partnership
Applications open: 2 April 2019 to 18 June 2019
The Clinical Academic Research Partnership (CARP) scheme is managed by the Medical Research Council (MRC) and part funded by the NIHR.
The scheme pilots a new mechanism for NHS consultants with a PhD or MD (or equivalent higher research degree) who are not currently research active to participate in collaborative high-quality research partnerships with established leading biomedical researchers.
Are you eligible?
- should be working at consultant-level in an NHS trust with evidence of clinical academic research excellence (for example, a NIHR BRC or equivalent).
- must hold a PhD (or equivalent higher research degree, such as a DPhil or MD).
- should not be undertaking any substantive research activity in their current posts.
- must identify a research partner who has significant research funding for the duration of the partnership in their applications.
There is no eligibility criterion for how long ago the applicant obtained their PhD.
- Opens: 30 November 2018
- Submission deadline: 12 March 2019
- Panel meeting: April 2019 (date tbc)
- Take up of awards expected: May - October 2019
- Opens: 2 April 2019
- submission deadline: 18 June 2019
- panel meeting: August 2019
- award take up: September 2019-February 2020
For Further Information and to apply visit the MRC website.