Access our research expertise
We offer life science companies a range of services and support
This includes access to research centres, facilities and experts in the UK’s NHS, social care and universities to work in partnership with you on the development of new treatments, diagnostics, medical devices and digital solutions.
We understand that different companies at different stages of clinical development have different requirements and sometimes a conversation early on can help point you in the right direction.
Not drafted a protocol yet? No problem, our Signposting Service is a good place to start. We can discuss what type of support you might need and set you on the right path.
If you have a protocol drafted or study synopsis then you probably need to speak to our Early Contact and Engagement team. We can help you explore the support that is available in the UK to help you run your study. This includes access to tools to help with the costing and contracting of your study for NHS sites.
You may also be interested to know how our services complement the paid-for support services that are provided by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
More specific support
If you know what type of expertise and support you want to access then you might find the following links useful.
- Patient Engagement in Clinical Development ServiceThe primary aim of this service is to bring patients and life science companies together earlier in the clinical development process, before a study protocol is finalised, so that patients can help companies to make the trial design as patient-friendly as it can be.
- Early Feedback Service
Find out if your study is feasible in the UK. We will access NHS clinical experts working in the relevant therapeutic areas to advise on the feasibility and deliverability of your study in the NHS.
- NIHR services for MedTech
We have a range of support specifically for medical device, digital technology and diagnostic companies (collectively known as MedTech) to help successfully translate innovative ideas into the clinical setting. Our experts and support teams are based within NHS organisations and universities throughout England.
- Complex and innovative trial design and delivery
Clinical trials are evolving to find new, faster and more efficient ways to bring new treatments to patients. The NIHR has been supporting the delivery of novel, complex and innovative clinical trials for over a decade.
- Attract, Develop and Retain Researchers
By partnering with us to co-fund Fellowships you can benefit from, and help grow, research capacity and capability in areas of shared interest.
“Without the support of MindTech and the NIHR, there is no way that this study would have got off the ground. I’m a layman, it’s the first time I have done something like this and although we’ve got a great product, I don’t profess to have any of the connections required to do a research project in the NHS. We are now sat here with a study being finished and we are just about ready for publication, and that’s primarily down to those guys.”
Steve Hutchinson, Managing Director, The Microcurrent Site
Still not sure what to do next? Why not contact the Study Support Service help desk:
- 0113 343 4555
- Eligibility criteria for NIHR Clinical Research Network support for commercial studies
- Local Clinical Research Network contacts for Industry
- User guide for the NIHR study Support Service: Industry Route Map
- Improving inclusion of under-served groups in clinical research: Guidance from INCLUDE project
Latest news about the Life Sciences Industry