Expert advice and guidance on running your study in the UK
Early contact and engagement
Get a head start with delivering your clinical study - the earlier you engage with us, the greater impact we can have on its successful delivery. As with all our Study Support Services - this advice is free of charge.
Through our Early Contact and Engagement Service we can provide you with personalised, one-to-one advice about all the different areas of support available to you.
By contacting us early, even before a study synopsis or protocol is produced, we can create a bespoke service that meets your needs and provides benefits throughout the full life-cycle of your study.
This will include:
- access to expert opinion to help you understand the UK research landscape and the UK track record of studies (academic and commercial) in your therapy area of interest
- exploration of recruitment potential and patient care pathways
- advice on eligibility for accessing support from our research workforce embedded in the NHS at site level
- guidance on regulatory submissions
- access to and support to use our interactive Costing Tool (iCT) and model site agreements
- information about available GCP training.
We advise all life science companies and Contract Research Organisations to complete a Confidentiality Disclosure Agreement (CDA) (available on request) before discussing specific study details with us. It is essential that you complete a CDA if you’d like to take the next step and access our feasibility services (Early Feedback Service). Use the contact details below to find out if your company has already completed a CDA.
We can also talk to you about our Patient Engagement in Clinical Development Service which is a ‘paid for’ extension of the NIHR Study Support Service. This service connects life science companies with patients who can help shape and improve the design and, ultimately, the delivery of commercial clinical research.
You may also be interested to know how our services complement the paid-for support services that are provided by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). We've created an interactive image to help you navigate the different kinds of help and support available.
Get started by contacting the Study Support Service Helpdesk
- 0113 343 4555
If your study is already part of the NIHR Clinical Research Network Portfolio and you need support or help with investigators, site set-up, or recruitment issues, contact your local Industry Operations Manager for support.