Support and resources for getting started
- INVOLVE: INVOLVE is part of the NIHR and works across the NIHR to ensure that researchers, funders and the public are aware of the value and contribution of public involvement. INVOLVE provides advice and knowledge on the practical aspects of involvement.
view a video of INVOLVE advisory group members talking about what public involvement means to them.
- invoDIRECT: A map of over 100 organisations, groups and networks from around the UK that support PPI in research, to find out what is going on in your local area.
- The ‘make it clear’ campaign has information about writing and assessing plain English summaries.
- Involvement Cost Calculator: An online tool to help budget for PPI.
- European Patient Ambassador Programme: An online programme that introduces you to some of the skills and knowledge you may need to successfully represent yourself and others when speaking up as a patient or carer to influence healthcare research.
- ECRAN Project: Interactive online materials explaining how clinical trials work and how new treatments are developed and tested.
- Research Involvement & Engagement: Read some or the articles that have been published about PPI in research.
- The Core Outcome Measures in Effectiveness Trials (COMET) Initiative: The COMET Initiative works with patients and the public to determine what core outcomes should be reported in all clinical trials on a condition. This video explains what core outcome sets are, why they are important and how they’re developed.
- Understanding Patient Data: Provides information on how patient data is used and should be acknowledged.
- To encourage researchers to acknowledge their use of patient data more prominently, please share this data citation developed by use My data when you are in touch with research teams.