UK Clinical Trial Gateway
About the UK Clinical Trials Gateway
At the NIHR, we want to help you to make informed choices about taking part in clinical trials.
That’s why we’ve set up the UK Clinical Trials Gateway (UKCTG) to help give you the confidence to join clinical trials, by providing useful information about how trials work and helping link you to researchers running trials you might be interested in.
The UKCTG also helps researchers find suitable people for the trials they’re running.
Here’s how it works in practice.
For members of the public
We want to provide you with the right information about clinical trials – to help you decide whether you want to take part in one.
We particularly want to ensure that in line with NHS goals, wherever you live in the UK, you know about research that’s relevant to you.
We can help you:
- Learn more about what clinical trials are and why you might join one
- Find out what you need to know if you’re considering joining a trial
- Find out what happens when you’re on a trial
- Give your consent for researchers to contact you when a relevant trial is looking for people to take part
- Search UK clinical trials to find ones that are of interest to you by using the 'trial search' in the navigation bar