The Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) Programme is seeking to appoint to the Yorkshire and North East Regional Advisory Committee clinicians and senior applied health researchers.
The Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) Programme is seeking to appoint to the West Midlands Regional Advisory Committee clinicians and senior applied health researchers.
The Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) Programme is seeking to appoint to the South East and Central Regional Advisory Committee clinicians and senior applied health researchers.
Administrator - Operations
Are you an organised individual who would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, supporting the nation’s largest funder of health and care research?
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and organised administrator to join its Operations Team at the NIHR Central Commissioning Facility office in Twickenham, hosted by LGC's Grant Management Group.
NIHR’s vision: To improve the health and wealth of the nation through research
Your role will be to provide administrative support to the organisation of onsite and external funding events, and to other colleagues within the Operations team.
As a member of the Operations Team (a team that provides a central support function), you will interact with a broad range of people at all levels of seniority, including NIHR colleagues, Department of Health and Social Care, Programme Directors, committee members and the research community.
This is an ideal position for an administrator interested in seeing how research to improve NHS patient health and care is funded.
- Contributing to the organisation of meetings, including funding committee meetings, by:
- Identifying suitable dates and venues
- Booking rooms, AV equipment and refreshments
- Maintaining a record of invited attendees and their attendance
- Booking travel and accommodation for attendees
- Preparing and dispatching meeting-related documentation to attendees
- Preparing meeting materials eg. name plates, badges, signage etc
- Arranging disposal of confidential meeting papers on conclusion of the meeting
- Occasional support to offsite meetings on the day
- Providing key support to onsite meetings on the day, including:
- Ensuring meeting rooms are appropriately set up eg. organising tables to the required format for the meeting, laying out signage, water and water glasses
- Greeting and directing attendees
- Arranging for IT support to be available eg. to help attendees access wifi
- Preparing and clearing up refreshments eg. making coffee, re-filling water jugs, putting out cups and crockery, unwrapping food provided by caterers, loading and unloading dishwasher etc
- Providing an administrative resource for Research Officers within the Operations Team, including:
- Maintaining team rotas
- Allocating helpdesk emails to relevant members of staff
- Formatting documents
- Updating templates in line with any changes to branding
- Populating presentation templates
- Providing an administrative resource for Senior Administrators within the Operations Team, including:
- Creating paper files and supporting archiving of closed files
- Managing and distributing post
- Helping to compile cost savings figures
- Providing administrative support to the Head of Operations and Operations Managers, including:
- Organising and supporting internal meetings
- Carrying out reception duties to cover lunch break and annual leave reception
- Providing general support as required, including answering helplines and other administrative tasks
View the full job description and how to apply for this role on the LGC website.