The Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) Programme is seeking to appoint a number of Regional Advisory Committee Members.
The Public Health Research (PHR) programme is seeking to appoint trainee members to its Prioritisation Committee.
The Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) Programme is seeking to appoint a Programme Director.
Press Office Manager
Salary: £34,304 to £40,927, plus London weighting
Fixed term until 31 March 2024
Are you a highly collaborative media relations professional looking for a new challenge? Do you have a keen interest in health and social care research and an appreciation for the difference it can make to the lives of patients and the public?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to raise the profile of the NIHR, working in partnership with the Department of Health and Social Care and partners including NHS England and NHS Improvement. You will be part of a growing NIHR corporate communications team that works closely with coordinating centre communications teams, achieving change through influencing skills rather than through a traditional hierarchical structure. You will lead the cross-centre Press Office team, supported by a senior communications officer with strong media skills, and also provide strategic input into NIHR social media channels. This is a hands-on role requiring energy, tenacity and emotional intelligence.
As a Press Office Manager, your main duties will include:
- Operational responsibility for the day-to-day running of the NIHR’s cross-centre Press Office, to include a review of current systems and processes with a view to improving its professionalism, agility and efficiency
- Acting as the NIHR Media Lead’s ‘right hand’ in terms of liaising with DHSC to ensure that media plans are aligned, that potential sensitivities are flagged, and that CMO, CSA and ministers are appropriately engaged
- Representing the NIHR at regular meetings and calls with relevant DHSC media and policy teams and DHSC Arm’s Length Bodies
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with key reporters and identifying, developing and pitching news stories for print and broadcast media
- Collaborating with media teams in universities, NHS Trusts and NIHR partner organisations (including NHS England and NHS Improvement) over key stories
- Providing editorial oversight of news and blogs on NIHR’s website
- Working closely with NIHR’s social media team to ensure NIHR news output is appropriately amplified
- Representing Press Office on NIHR’s campaigns team and ensuring that the internal communications team is kept abreast of key media developments
- Participating in the Press Office rota and in the editorial rotas for selected social media channels’
How to apply
To view the full job description and how to apply please visit the the University of Leeds jobs website
For more information or an informal discussion please contact Yuba Bessaoud, NIHR Media Lead, telephone: +44 (0)7920 590146, email firstname.lastname@example.org