We are pleased to announce an excellent opportunity has arisen to participate in Programme Grants for Applied Research assessment committees. These prestigious appointments offer senior applied health researchers the chance to take part in and gain experience of making recommendations to NIHR for large scale, high quality programmes of research for the benefit of patients and the NHS.
This appointment offers senior applied health, public health and social care researchers the chance to lead the sub-committees that formally assess applications and subsequently make funding recommendations for large scale, high quality programmes of research for the benefit of patients, service users, carers and the NHS.
The Artificial Intelligence Health and care Award (AI Award) Programme is seeking to appoint panel members and reviewers to join the funding expert panel to make recommendations for funding.
Public Committee Member
The NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre (NETSCC) are looking for members of the public to join their national committees.
The key responsibilities are to:
- Prepare for committee meetings by reading and assessing meeting papers
- Regularly attend and participate in committee meetings
- Contribute to the discussions and decision-making at committee meetings
- Present written and/or spoken assessments of applications, if required
- Be willing to undertake or attend appropriate training, development and support activities offered free by the NIHR
Here are some helpful resources to give you more information about the role:
- 'Everything you wanted to know about being a public committee member’ is a video about public members sharing their experiences and insights on the role of a public committee member, including some useful top tips
- ‘Public reviewing with the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)'is a free online interactive course designed for new and experienced public committee members as well as public reviewers.
The opportunities are with the following NIHR research programmes:
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying, please view the Information Pack which provides more details about the role and how to apply.
Application Form (word document)
The deadline for applications is 9am Monday 7th September 2020
If you require paper copies of the documents, please contact us on: email@example.com
If you have any questions about these opportunities please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.