Experienced representative from the NHS with a good understanding of evidence synthesis (Ref - ESP/21/02)
The Evidence Synthesis Programme (ESP) is seeking to appoint a member to the Evidence Synthesis Programme Advisory Group (ESPAG).
Evidence Synthesis Programme (ESP) is seeking to appoint a member to the Evidence Synthesis Programme Advisory Group (ESPAG).
The Director of Science, Research and Evidence for the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) is looking to select an exceptional person to be the Programme Director of the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Health Services and Delivery Research (HS&DR) Programme, to succeed Professor Jo Rycroft-Malone who comes to the end of her tenure at the end of November 2021.
Public Partnerships Project Support Officer
Salary: £33,000 - £36,000
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) enables and delivers world-class research that transforms people’s lives, advances science and promotes economic growth. We have played a vital role in the global fight against Covid-19. NIHR’s work is managed by a number of coordinating centres. The NIHR Centre for Engagement and Dissemination (CED) - launched in April 2020 - provides leadership and coordination of NIHR’s activities to involve, engage and facilitate participation of patients and the public in research (public partnerships) and in the dissemination of evidence and knowledge mobilisation.
The Centre is hosted by the science organisation LGC under a contract with the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC). Centre staff are employed by LGC and work in its Grant Management Group (GMG), which also runs two other NIHR centres.
The Public Partnerships function within CED acts as an improvement agency; working with the extensive public partnerships workforce in NIHR (over 175 individuals) and key leaders and practitioners within the wider research system, nationally and internationally.
We work to increase ambition and achievement in public partnerships, and to add value to the wider workforce’s effort, including by;
- Providing leadership on public partnerships, advising and supporting NIHR and the Department of Health and Social Care
- Coordinating cross NIHR public partnerships improvement objectives and achievement via a Programme Board responsible for delivering a two year improvement plan
- Curating and disseminating national practical resources, tools and guidance, running a public partnerships enquiry and benefits advice service
- Running and supporting learning events and providing a platform for challenging conversations/problem solving
- Taking the “pulse” of public partnerships work and making recommendations for action
- Promoting and providing guardianship, as part of a UK nations partnership, for the UK Public Involvement Standards (link)
All work is shaped and co-delivered with patients and the public.
The post holder will provide project management and coordination support, for planning and delivering key projects and/or activities which are either led by CED, or delivered in partnership (including through the Programme Board). They will also lead/co-lead specific projects/activities including those which contribute to business and service improvement.
How to apply
To view the full job description and how to apply please visit the the LGC vacancies website.
If you have any questions, please contact Meerat Kaur for an informal conversation: firstname.lastname@example.org.