The Artificial Intelligence Health and care Award (AI Award) Programme is seeking to appoint panel members and reviewers to join the funding expert panel to make recommendations for funding.
Assistant Director IP and Commercial
The HTA programme is seeking to appoint a leader in the field of health technology assessment or related applied clinical research, to undertake the duties of Chair for one of the NIHR HTA Funding Committees.
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) is a large research organisation funded through the Department of Health and Social Care and based in a number of coordinating centres in different parts of England. Together, NIHR people, facilities and systems represent the most integrated clinical research system in the world, driving research for the benefit of patients, the public, the NHS, social care and the economy.
The NIHR Centre for Engagement and Dissemination (CED) was established in April 2020 to coordinate research dissemination activity and patient and public involvement, participation and engagement in research. The Centre works with a wide range of stakeholders to broaden the diversity of voices heard by NIHR in all of its activities. It also publishes easily readable summaries of the most useful research evidence for health and social care.
The NIHR Centre for Engagement and Dissemination is hosted by LGC Group, you can find out more about LGC’s governance here
To provide administrative/business support for all activities within the centre’s remit including public involvement, engagement and participation, stakeholder engagement and knowledge mobilisation. To work with colleagues in the wider LGC Grant Management Group to ensure that core administrative processes are harmonised and delivered efficiently.
- Developing and using a range of office systems and protocols to meet the needs of the CED functions, consistent with Grant Management Group policies
- Supporting the management and maintenance of information systems for internal and external users, including records held on the NIHR Hub, websites and social media accounts
- Supporting the set-up and development of projects, promoting consistency of practice across the CED and tracking milestones to ensure timely progress of projects
- Providing a first point of contact for external stakeholders, delivering effective customer service in signposting to specific team members within CED or elsewhere in GMG or the wider NIHR
- Arranging payments associated with contractors’ and public contributors’ work with the CED
- Liaising with GMG finance team on procurement, purchase orders, invoicing and other finance issues related to the work of the CED team
- Organising and providing practical support to meetings for CED team members and with external stakeholders
- Managing venue, travel and hotel bookings for CED team members and external visitors following established processes and rules
- Taking action notes or formal minutes of meetings as appropriate, linking these to shared or confidential records
- Collaborating with administrative/business support colleagues in the Grant Management Group and the wider NIHR to ensure that processes and systems are implemented and developed in a consistent and effective way
- Providing general administrative support as required to the CED team
If you wish to make an informal enquiry about this post, please contact Alison Ford, Head of Engagement: email@example.com
View the full job description and apply for the role here.