National Institute for Health and Care Research
We fund, enable and deliver world-leading health and social care research that improves people's health and wellbeing, and promotes economic growth.
High-quality, personalised continence care for people with dementia must be key priority
The latest NIHR Evidence review has examined research to provide actionable insights for practice on continence care for people living with dementia.
We fund a variety of commissioned, researcher-led and themed call research:
- in health, social care and public health
- in Global Health
We support the development of professionals through:
- personal awards including Fellowships
- practitioner academic training
- Global Health Research careers
Making a Difference
Read about how our work is influencing care, and making a positive difference to people, and the economy.
These are the stories of our research .
Applied health and care research on both commissioned and researcher-identified topic areas.
Find out more about our expertise, specialist facilities, research delivery workforce and support services.
Specialty therapy areas
The NIHR funds and supports research:
- in all specialty therapy areas
- delivered by expert clinical leaders and practitioners
- through effective collaboration
Global Health Research
NIHR is a major funder of high quality global health research that directly addresses the diverse health needs of people in low and middle income countries (LMICs).
Journals, publications and data
Explore NIHR-supported research projects, their findings and data from our range of resources:
- 5+ journals and publications for the public, care and research professionals
- 3+ open access health research databases