We support and deliver research studies in the NHS that deal with:
- multiple sclerosis
- neuro-muscular disease
- neurological infections such as encephalitis
- the normal development of the nervous system
We aim to increase the understanding of the causes of these conditions, and improve the prevention, detection, care and treatment for people suffering from them.
Our local teams of research staff are specialists in facilitating the set up and recruitment to neurological disorders studies in England. We have substantial experience of supporting all types of research studies including complex and multi-centre clinical interventions.
National specialty lead
Professor Peter Goadsby is the CRN National Specialty Lead for Neurological Disorders.
Funding opportunities / funding calls
See the latest funding opportunities for neurological disorders research
Associate Principal Investigator (PI) Scheme
If you’re a healthcare professional, you could be eligible for our Associate PI Scheme
Help with research
Through the Clinical Research Network (CRN), you can get help with:
- planning and delivering your research to achieve the greatest impact
- recruiting patients for your study
- costs for your study, if you are eligible. This could include money for extra staff, facilities or equipment
Find out more about the Services to support study delivery
Latest news about Neurological Disorders
Latest blogs about Neurological Disorders