Please refer to the information below for common enquiries and who to contact.
NIHR is a distributed organisation with 2 coordinating centres who are responsible for running and managing the day-to-day operations of NIHR. Therefore, depending on the nature of your enquiry, you will be directed to contact the relevant team in one of our coordinating centres.
Some of our most frequently asked questions are listed below:
I want to contact someone for help with applying for funding
Are you new to NIHR?
If you need help getting started with your research application, contact the Research Support Service (RSS).
Do you know which programme to apply to?
If you have a question relating to applying for funding from one of the following NIHR programmes, please contact:
- Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation (EME) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evidence Synthesis (ES) email@example.com
- Health and Social Care Delivery Research (HSDR) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Technology Assessment (HTA) email@example.com
- Invention for Innovation (i4i) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Policy Research Programme (PRP) email@example.com
- Programme Development Grants (PDG) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Programme Grants for Applied Research email@example.com
- Public Health Research (PHR) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) email@example.com
- Research for Social Care (RfSC) firstname.lastname@example.org
I want to contact someone about training or career development
If you need help getting started with your application for funding for training and career development, contact the Research Support Service (RSS).
For information on funding for academic training and career development (NIHR Academy awards), including applications for fellowships or clinical academic training, contact email@example.com
I want to contact someone about a press or freedom of information inquiry
I need help accessing my NIHR account
There are a number of different systems available for users:
- For help accessing or using the NIHR Learn system, which hosts Good Clinical Practice (GCP) please visit NIHR Learn help pages where you can find information about contact points for the different types of enquiry
- For help accessing or using the MIS system contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For help accessing or using the REALMS system contact email@example.com
- For help accessing or using the RMS system contact your programme (i4i, PRP, PDG, PGfAR, RfPB, RfSC) - see above, under 'Do you know which programme to apply to?'
- For help accessing or using the ARAMIS system contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have an issue or a question about using the NIHR hub, please use the self-service portal ServiceNow and raise a support ticket. You can also email us at email@example.com If you are unable to do this then call 0207 333 50 60.
I need help with accessing Good Clinical Practice (GCP) courses
If you would like to access the Good Clinical Practice e-learning courses or book on to a face to face workshop, please log in to NIHR Learn.
If you would like information about NIHR Learn and details about how to access it, please visit the NIHR Learn help site.
If you have any other queries about learning programmes, including GCP, please complete the Get help with NIHR Learn form.
I have a question about COVID-19 vaccine studies
I want to contact someone for advice about my personal medical situation
We do not provide advice or guidance to individuals regarding their personal medical situations or conditions. You are advised to consult your GP or access information on the NHS website.
I want to contact someone about my idea for research
I want to contact someone about how my company or charity could partner with NIHR
We provide extensive support and collaboration opportunities, including funding opportunities, to a range of life science companies and charities. This includes support for members of the Life Sciences Industry. Please complete the contact form to submit an enquiry.
I need to contact someone about publishing my research
We publish comprehensive accounts of our commissioned research in the NIHR Journals Library. We do not provide support for publishing research that is not funded by NIHR, including covering costs for Open Access publishing. Information on publishing your NIHR-funded research can be found in the NIHR research outputs and publications guidance. You can contact the NIHR Journals Library team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I need to raise concerns regarding a potential conflict of interest
Any concerns regarding potential conflicts of interest should be sent to email@example.com These will then be directed to the respective coordinating centre, who have confidential processes for dealing with potential conflicts of interest and will oversee the independent review of allegations received.
I need to whistleblow on an issue or concern related to misconduct within NIHR
We expect our staff and the researchers we fund to abide by all regulatory and legislative frameworks and are committed to fully investigating any alleged wrongdoing. You can find more information about research culture and integrity on our Policies and Guidelines page. We support and adhere to the government approach to whistleblowing. If you need to raise a concern regarding conduct please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I need to report a digital security issue
If you have a question that has not be covered by this information please email email@example.com and your email will be sent on to the relevant department for them to answer. If you are looking to contact someone specific, please use our Contact Directory .