Starting your research career
Are you interested in a research career, but not sure where to start? You may have been inspired by a Professor in your department, or maybe you already have a great idea for a PhD project.
We are currently supporting professionals in a range of different professional backgrounds, including:
- Allied health professionals
- Social care workers
- Public health professionals
We also support those working in different settings, including:
- Local authorities
- Community settings
Apply for a pre-doctoral research training award
We support individuals to undertake Masters-level training.
- The Pre-doctoral Clinical and Practitioner Academic Fellowship (PCAF) scheme supports health and social care professionals who are not doctors or dentists
- The Pre-doctoral Fellowship supports those looking to start a career in health and social care research methodology
- The Academic Clinical Fellowship (ACF) is a clinical specialty training post in medicine or dentistry that incorporates academic training
- The In-Practice Fellowship (IPF) provides academic training to fully-qualified general practitioners, general dental practitioners, and community dentists
- The Pre-Doctoral Local Authority Fellowship (PLAF) supports those based within local authority settings
Gain support from an Incubator
Incubators are communities of researchers who support careers in underrepresented areas of health and social care.