Suggest a research topic
Suggest a topic
Providing the most effective health and social care is a huge challenge. There are so many products, procedures and services in use, with more being developed all the time. Often there is little good evidence about what works and what doesn’t.
We are committed to funding cost-effective health, public health and social care research. This research should lead to improved outcomes for patients and the public.
To make good decisions about what research to fund we need a complete and balanced picture about which questions we need to answer. Is there something you really need the answer to within your setting? Use our suggest a topic form to make a research suggestion to help shape our research.
What makes a good research question?
- Clear and well-defined (PICO format if appropriate)
- The need should be supported by current evidence
- Important to the NHS/social care
- Timely, i.e. research will be relevant at completion of study
- Offers value for money
- Is not already covered by our portfolio of research.
Are you a patient or member of the public who has noticed a problem, or has an idea you would like to research? This form will take you through what we need.