I need help applying for funding
We provide a range of support to help you plan your study or trial in health or care settings. Engage with us as early as possible so we can help you achieve the greatest impact.
If you are outside of the UK, not all of this support will be available or relevant to you. Find out more about Global Health Research.
Research Design Service
The Research Design Service provides confidential and free support to health, social care and public health researchers across England on all aspects of developing and writing a funding application.
Clinical Trials Units
Clinical Trials Units (CTUs) are regarded as an important component of many trial applications. They can help guide you through the process from the initial idea to project delivery and reporting.
Find a CTU to collaborate with in your application:
- NIHR CTU Support Funding details the units available to collaborate on research applications and projects.
- The UKCRC CTU Network provides informationon all registered units in the UK, their key interest areas and contact information.
Clinical Trials Toolkit
The Clinical Trials Toolkit is designed to help researchers navigate through the complex landscape of setting up and managing clinical trials in line with regulatory requirements.
Study Support Service
Local Clinical Research Network (LCRN) teams offer a bespoke Study Support Service who can work with you to help you plan and prepare.
The Study Support Service can:
- give you expert advice and guidance to help you plan your research
- accurately identify relevant funders for all resources related to your study activities
- ensure your research is inclusive by following methods such as our INCLUDE guidance.
For non-commercial studies, we can also support you with:
- advice on eligibility for the Clinical Research Network (CRN) Portfolio and the process of applying for CRN support for your study
- signposting to support for protocol-design
- advice and support on cost attribution
- support around attribution of costs to help plan and define the resource of your study activities
- help identifying excess treatment costs
- providing local intelligence about sites and services in your region to optimise delivery, including the exploration of recruitment pathways
- facilitation of support for multi-site studies across the LCRNs and with the devolved administrations
- facilitating access to experts in leading and delivering research, alongside providing health and care services
If you are unsure where to start, or require any further assistance, please email the Study Support Service Helpdesk: email@example.com