Make a real contribution to how research is shaping the future of healthcare, social care, public health and global health.
As the nation's largest funder of health and care research, we have many openings for you to build a career or interest in health and care research, ranging from becoming a reviewer or a member of a funding committee to being employed in research management by one of our coordinating centres. We post opportunities on this page to:
- Be part of our decision-making process by joining one of our funding committees for an NIHR research programme.
- Help with research as a patient, carer or other member of the public.
- Apply for job roles at all levels in research management and cross-cutting functions for the NIHR, for example in:
Managing research schemes and monitoring performance; finance and budgetary analysis; intellectual property and legal; communications, events and campaigns; impact and evidence; public involvement, participation and engagement; information systems, knowledge management and data analysis; governance, quality and operational management; stakeholder relationships.
Elsewhere on this website, you can find additional ways to join us to:
- Influence our research - explore how you can be one of our external peer reviewers or identify evidence uncertainties.
- Grow as a health and care professional through our career development and learning and support.
- Develop your career in health and care research with an NIHR Academy or Senior Investigator Award.
We are seeking an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Manager here at the NIHR Academy.
We are looking for a proactive communications professional to work in a diverse communications and marketing role, as part of the NIHR Office for Clinical Research Infrastructure (NOCRI).
We are seeking an Assistant Director for Programmes in Global Health here at the NIHR Academy.
NIHR Nursing & Midwifery are seeking three outstanding leaders to shape and deliver strategic career initiatives for nurses and midwives as part of the ongoing evolution and advancement of the NIHR.
The NIHR Academy is seeking to appoint seven new Chairs for NIHR Academy Selection Committees.
NIHR is looking for an experienced SEO specialist to transform its website into an engaging and high-ranking platform for diverse audiences
The Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) Programme is seeking to appoint a number of Regional Advisory Committee Members.
The NIHR Clinical Research Network is looking for a Transitional Supportive and Palliative Care Lead.
The James Lind Alliance is recruiting an adviser to join the team