Funded by an NIHR research programme?
Visit the manage your research project pages for information and research outputs and publications guidance to download the ‘Funded by NIHR’ logo to use on your posters, websites and presentations.
Funded by the NIHR Global Health Programme?
Visit the manage your Global Health project page to download a combined ‘Funded by NIHR’ logo and UK aid logo to use on your posters, websites and presentations.
Funded through the NIHR Academy?
Visit the career development pages for advice on research outputs.
Funded through part of the NIHR infrastructure - a Centre, School or Unit? Local Clinical Research Network?
Contact the relevant NIHR Communications Manager for access to NIHR templates and other resources (see tab for Communications Managers).
Are you the lead for communications in your part of the NIHR?
We provide support for applying NIHR's visual identity across the NIHR, which you can also share with your web or graphic designer.
Please contact the Comms team in the Coordinating Centre that manages your part of the NIHR (see Contact tab) for guidance on:
- how, when and where to apply our identity and your NIHR sub-logo if applicable
- accessing NIHR logos, fonts, design motifs and colour palette
- templates and worked examples including for PowerPoint, Word and research posters
- our style guide, use of imagery and when partner logos apply
- other comms resources.
Issuing a press release related to NIHR research?
Visit our press office page for NIHR’s boilerplate and guidance for when and who to contact to notify the NIHR about your press release.
Working with a part of the NIHR to design a website or as a graphic designer for other materials or platforms?
Ask your NIHR comms contact for details of NIHR's visual identity.
Who to contact
Advice on NIHR's visual identity is available from Communications Teams in our Coordinating Centres.
Select according to the part of the NIHR relating to your identity query as follows:
NIHR Academy Communications Team
- NIHR Academy Members
- Career development programmes
NIHR Centre for Engagement and Dissemination Communications Team
- NIHR Evidence and evidence user community
- Involving patients, the public and communities in research
NIHR Clinical Research Network Communications Team
- Clinical Research Network
- Study Support Service
- Specialties and Local Clinical Research Networks
NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre Communications Team
- Research programmes (Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation, Health Services and Delivery Research, Health Technology Assessment, Public Health Research and Systematic Reviews)
- Global Health Research Units and Groups
NIHR Central Commissioning Facility Communications Team
- Research programmes (Programme Grants for Applied Research, Programme Development Grants, Policy Research Programme, Research for Patient Benefit, Invention for Innovation, AI in Health and Care Award)
- Global Health Research Centres and research programme (Research and Innovation for Global Health Transformation - RIGHT)
- Research units, schools, facilities and other services (Blood and Transplant Research Units, Health Protection Research Units, Policy Research Units,Innovation Observatory, Research Design Service, Research Schools - Primary Care/Social Care/Public Health, Surgical Reconstruction and Microbiology Research Centre)
- Research infrastructure (Biomedical Research Centres, BioResource, Applied Research Collaborations, Clinical Research Facilities, Medtech and In vitro diagnostics Co-operatives, Patient Safety Translational Research Centres)