Wessex REACH Initiative
The Wessex REACH Initiative is launching in spring 2021. It was created to facilitate the development of, and growth in, our future generation of health and care-related researchers across a range of disciplines and specialties in the Wessex region.
As a geographical incubator, we aim to build on emerging and established links across the local infrastructure to align training and development efforts to ensure they are most effectively placed to support individuals.
We will achieve this by:
- scoping the current provision of training and support available across the region
- developing better provision and signposting for career support and training activities including advice on how best to approach institutions across Wessex for support
- developing targeted mentorship opportunities for aspiring CI’s and those dormant researchers who would like to re-ignite their research focus
- working to build a Wessex-wide local community, to offer support and share best practice
- ensuring transparent and equitable provision of research support, throughout Wessex
We welcome anyone who wishes to pursue a research career based in Wessex and anyone who wishes to support and mentor those researchers.