The NIHR Academy Member Event Fund provides support to plan and hold events that promote NIHR Academy programmes. Post-doctoral Members (including those based within the NIHR Infrastructure and NIHR Schools) are eligible to apply.
The events should support one of the following objectives:
- promote NIHR Academy programmes
- support prospective applicants to NIHR Academy programmes
- benefit NIHR Academy Members
Events can include, but are not limited to, those that:
- advertise upcoming application windows for NIHR Academy programmes
- support the development of applications to NIHR Academy programmes
- develop the skills needed to be a successful research leader
- build networks and provide peer to peer support for prospective applicants to NIHR Academy programmes
The funding can be used to cover the cost of:
- event advertising
- hosting the event e.g. venue hire, software
- producing resources e.g. handouts
- refreshments (not including alcohol)
- PPI expenses
Large scale events (e.g. larger than 50 delegates) would not usually be expected to be supported through this fund but can be considered.
If demand for funding is high, submissions may need to be closed until the next financial year.
Full details and the application form are available via the ‘Apply Now’ button.