Data and publications
The NIHR invests over £1 billion annually into health and social care research. You can find out more about the projects supported by the NIHR, and about the findings and outputs from our work, using the resources below.
Find out what projects the NIHR has funded
Our Funding and Awards website has details of all projects funded by the NIHR.
- Search by research topic, researcher or institution.
- Track the outputs of particular projects.
- Improve your funding application by finding out what has been previously awarded.
Keep up to date with our research findings
Our Journals Library publishes reports from projects funded by our research programmes.
- Search our five open access journals.
- See data on papers to understand more about their impact.
- Track publications from projects as they are produced.
Our Open Research website publishes any type of finding and output from research we fund or support.
- Search original study findings, including incremental findings and negative results.
- Browse other types of research output, such as protocols, method articles and case reports.
- Dig into the supporting data for research outputs.
Read accessible summaries of research
NIHR Evidence makes research findings accessible, relevant and ready for use for all.
- See short Alerts about the latest papers.
- Read overviews of recent research on key topics and themes.
- Engage patients and the public with plain English summaries.
Access our funding data
NIHR Open Data makes all our funding datasets available for analysis.
- Get data on research funded by the NIHR since 2011.
- Download full or modified datasets.
- View maps to see where research is taking place.
Understand what research is taking place across your area of interest
ScanMedicine is a comprehensive database of clinical trials, developed by the NIHR Innovation Observatory (NIHRIO), that you can use to identify the latest global studies in your area of research.
- Search for what research is in progress in your area of interest.
- Filter results by trial type, phase, registry and more.
- View your search results as visualisations for a ‘quick-look’ overview of the research in your area.