This call supports the report of the Department of Health and Social Care Task & Finish Working Group on Brain Tumour Research. It encourages collaborative applications that demonstrate how they build on recent initiatives and investment in the area made by the NIHR, the Medical Research Council (MRC) and other research funders.
Research could involve any aspect of the diagnosis, treatment, support or care of patients with brain tumours, including access to or the delivery of services. Research methods may involve primary research or evidence synthesis, including systematic reviews, modelling studies or the analysis of existing datasets.
Proposals should clearly identify the research context of their proposal in terms of recent and currently funded UK and international research in the area and the potential impact of their proposed research for patients, carers and the NHS.
- Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation (EME)
- Health Services & Delivery Research (HS&DR)
- Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- Invention for Innovation (i4i)
- Programmes Grants for Applied Research (PGfAR)
- Public Health Research (PHR)
- Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB)
- Research Training Programmes
Apply for research funding into brain tumours through our researcher-led workstreams or any suitable commissioned calls which are currently open.