The remit of the Selection Committees is to support the development of the NIHR Development and Skills Enhancement Award, assess applications, interview candidates and make funding recommendations based on quality.
The NIHR Development and Skills Enhancement Award applications are reviewed by our Selection Committee which is reviewed regularly and adjusted in response to need. If you would like to register your interest to join this committee, please complete the expression of interest form.
The DSE Selection Committee is composed from the members listed below.
- Professor Wendy Baird (Chair), Faculty Deputy Director Research and Innovation and Professor of Health Services Research at University of Sheffield
- Professor Justin Durham (Deputy Chair), Head of the School of Dental Sciences and Professor of Orofacial Pain at Newcastle University
- Professor Victoria Goodwin, Associate Professor of Ageing and Rehabilitation at University of Exeter
- Dr David Cairns, Associate Professor of Statistics at University of Leeds
- Professor Audrey Bowen, Professor of Neuropsychological Rehabilitation at University of Manchester
- Professor Catherine Bowen, Professor in Podiatry at University of Southampton
- Professor Graham Cooke, Professor of Infectious Diseases at Imperial College London
- Professor Georgina Moulton, Professor of BioHealth Informatics and Education at University of Manchester
- Dr Jonathan Hewitt, Clinical Senior Lecturer at Cardiff University
- Professor Robert Stewart, Professor of Psychiatric Epidemiology & Clinical Informatics at King’s
- Dr Emma Murphy, Associate Clinical Professor in Nephrology Nursing at University Hospital Coventry
- Professor Amy Grove, Professor of Health Technology Assessment and Implementation Science at
University of Warwick.