Our Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Programme researcher-led workstream timeline gives you an idea of when to expect funding opportunities throughout the year. These indicative timings will help you plan for upcoming calls, and show what to expect at each stage of the HTA application process, including:
- Stage 1 application deadlines
- Stage 1 committee meetings
- Stage 1 committee decisions
- Stage 2 application windows and deadlines
Stage 1 HTA application deadlines
Applications close at 1pm on the deadline date. Recent and upcoming deadlines are:
- 30 August 2023
- 3 January 2024
- 1 May 2024
- 4 September 2024
Stage 1 HTA committee meetings and decisions
If your application is deemed to be in remit and competitive, it will be considered by an HTA Funding Committee. The committee will assess applications for scientific quality, feasibility and value for money.
Committee meetings and decision dates for recent and upcoming HTA researcher-led calls are:
- for applications submitted for the 30 August 2023 deadline, the committee meeting will be held in November 2023
- for applications submitted for the 3 January 2024 deadline, the committee meeting will be held in March 2024
- for applications submitted for the 1 May 2024 deadline, the committee meeting will be held in July 2024
- for applications submitted for the 4 September 2024 deadline, the committee meeting will be held in November 2024
A decision will be made and communicated to applicants a few weeks after the committee meeting has taken place - usually between the middle and the end of the month.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to submit a Stage 2 application, which will be more detailed. You will then have eight weeks to submit your Stage 2 application, and it will be considered at an HTA Funding Committee shortly after the deadline.
We will keep applicants updated if these HTA funding call timelines change. Apply for an HTA researcher-led funding opportunity.