The remit of the Short Placement Award for Research Collaboration (SPARC) Selection Committee is to support the development of the scheme, assess applications and make funding recommendations based on quality. The Applicant Guidance Notes for the SPARC scheme gives full details of the selection process.
The make-up of the Selection Committee is reviewed regularly and adjusted in response to need. If you would like to join this committee, please complete the NIHR Academy expression of interest form.
The review panel for the SPARC scheme competition is composed of:
- Professor Dilly Anumba (Chair), University of Sheffield
- Professor Stephen Campbell, University of Manchester (NIHR Greater Manchester PSTRC)
- Dr Rowan Myron, University of West London/Imperial College London (NIHR ARC North West London)
- Professor Paul Gissen, University College London (NIHR Great Ormond Street Hospital BRC)
- Dr Abigail Easter, King’s College London (NIHR ARC South London)
- Professor Wan-Fai Ng, Newcastle University (NIHR Newcastle BRC)
- Dr Kelly Hall, University of Birmingham (NIHR School for Social Care Research)
- Dr Naoimh McMahon, University of Lancaster (NIHR School for Public Health Research)
- Dr Daniel Hungerford, University of Liverpool (NIHR HPRU in Gastrointestinal Infections)
- Dr Susan Hampshaw, University of Sheffield/Doncaster Council
- Ms Bethany Gill, University of Central Lancashire (NIHR Academy member)
- Ms Fay Blyth, London Borough of Waltham Forest (NIHR Academy member)